Beloved children's author Lloyd Alexander passed away on May 17, 2007. We are fast approaching the 5th anniversary of his death. In commemoration of his life and writings, I am organizing a "Lloyd Alexander Day". I am hoping to reach as many Alexander fans as I can, and encourage everyone to do something to remember this beloved man.
Some ideas that I have, of things that we can do to include:
- Re-reading one of your favorite Alexander book
- Start reading an Alexander book that you've never read before
- Post one/some of your favorite Alexander quotes on your Facebook and/or Twitter
- Spread the word about the documentary that is being made about Lloyd Alexander
- Visit the location of his Urn at Arlington Cemetery in Drexel Hill, PA
- If you were lucky enough to have met him during his life, share a memory
This is something that I am wanting to turn into an annual tradition, however in future years it will take place on his birthday (January 30) rather than the anniversary of his death. Spread the word. I think this will be a wonderful way to commemorate the life and writings of Lloyd Alexander.